Samsung Galaxy Note 5 one of the best phone launched by Samsung in August 2015. It was one of the more reliable, almost inevitable events of the tech calendar.
With comes to looks the phone looks premium, and is on par with the HTCs and Apples of the world. Samsung uses 7000-series aluminium and Corning Gorilla Glass 4 for the construction, which lends the Note 5 a sturdy, yet attractive feel. Unlike the Galaxy S6 Edge+, whose screen curves around the sides, the Note 5 has a more subtle curved back. This leaves you with sides wide enough to grip comfortably so there’s less chance of it slipping from your hand. It’s also easier to reach the power and volume buttons.The Nano-SIM tray is placed on the top while the headset socket, Micro-USB port, speaker grille and the S Pen silo are all on the bottom. Samsung has devised a more civilized way of ejecting the S Pen by pressing the head to pop it out. This simply lets you pull the stylus out easily instead of having to pry it out with your fingernails.
The front is dominated by a gorgeous 5.7-inch QHD Super AMOLED display. Colours are punchy and text is sharp. The screen is also very legible under direct sunlight. It has resolution 1440 x 2560 pixels (~518 ppi pixel density) and also there is protection of Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
Specifications and Software
- Memory – There are 2 memory version available i.e 32GB/64GB internal and both comes with 4 GB RAM .
- Camera– Front 16 MP, 5312 x 2988 pixels, optical image stabilization, autofocus, LED flash. Dual Shot, Simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR . It can record videos 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, optical stabilization, dual-video rec. Secondary Camera is 5MP which looks good in terms of quality.
- Stylus – It’s still made of plastic and is easy to use but the metallic finish around the main button and the top lend it a more polished look. Pressure sensitivity is similar to that of the Galaxy Note 4, which makes it a great tool for artists. The major change lies in Air Command – the S Pen’s software companion. You can set it to activate as soon as the pen is ejected if you like. Features such as Action Memo, Smart Select and Screen Write are displayed with colour coded icons instead of a black-and-white carousel like in previous versions. This makes identifying them simpler. You can also choose to add up to three additional stylus-friendly apps to Air Command for quicker access.
- Battery – Non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery
- Software – Android OS, v5.1.1 (Lollipop)
The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is an absolute beast in the performance department. The interface is slick and heavy apps and games are no trouble for this smartphone. The octa-core Exynos 7420 processor and 4GB of RAM ensure everything runs smoothly. The new SoC is also a big upgrade over last year’s Galaxy Note 4, which had the Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 SoC. The performance difference is best reflected in AnTuTu, which threw up a score of 68,277, compared to the 46,678 we got on its predecessor. Gaming does tend make the phone quite warm, which gets uncomfortable after a bit. The volume from the speaker is loud and audio is relatively clear and distinct.The S Pen works as advertised and is a useful tool for your artistic pursuits.
The samsung Galaxy Note 5 32gB version currently available in India and its Approx price in Rs 54,000.